[g1-hackers] GSM radio firmware

Phil S. psaxton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:44:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Brock Tice <brock at brocktice.com> wrote:
> Doesn't the RC30 update.zip contain a radio image? (Sent from G1 hence top-posted.)
>
> --
> Brock M. Tice
> http://virtuallyshocking.com
> +1 (651) 967-7961

If the radio image in RC30 does anything, it does not change the GSM
bands the radio monitors, as with Stock RC30 and JF1.3, I am unable to
get on AT&T 3g where I know it is available. I am hoping to find a
blob, possibly for an already AT&T device which uses this same radio.
Currently, I am tracking down other deviceswhich use this chipset and
looking for their hacks. I know Moto hackers have what they call 'seam
edits' but I am not sure what exactly that is or if that is what I
want. If anybody has some solutions or wants to join in on this quest,
you are welcome to inform me of your updates =].

--
Phil S.
HTC Dream